Wednesday, June 27, 2012

About the Founder, Laurie

Hello!  I'm Laurie Barron and started 3 B Street in 2011 due to common frustrations with other handmade sites and the challenges of selling at markets.  I grew up in the Midwest, attended Indiana University, Bloomington, in the 90s, and currently live in Southern California, with hopes to get even closer to the ocean.  I have an adorable husband, a beautiful white German Shepherd, and two lovable cats that moved across the country with me.
I love being creative as it provides an emotional outlet as well as fulfilling my passion for creativity!  I will try anything new and love making gifts for others.  I currently sell non-slip headbands, dog collars, and key chains at a weekly Farmer's Market in Temecula, CA, as I consider this my "lifeline" for 3 B Street.  Here are some tidbits about myself and what's important to me:
  • The ability to "give back" will be how I ultimately measure success
  • I'm passionate about animals
  • I'm an optimistic dreamer
  • I'm an extrovert and extremely energized by others from whom I can learn
  • I tend to be sarcastic and consider myself quirky, but relish in being different
  • My husband was a race car driver and doesn't always appreciate my sarcasm
  • I work hard and put a lot of energy into what's important to me
  • I like to eat a lot and would rather work out more (I was a swimmer at IU)
  • I believe in having fun and a work/life balance.  In fact, I believe in balance and moderation for ALL things.
I hope you follow 3 B Street and support our new handmade site...exciting things are coming!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, Laurie! I'm a HUGE fan of you AND your headbands and can't wait to follow along with you in your blog!

    ReplyDelete